I did make some homemade cheddar crackers for G's special snack day tomorrow (hopefully he will go)
They turned out really cute....
In case you want the recipe.. it was super simple...
- 8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded ( I used white vermont sharp)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine, Cut Into Cubes (I stuck it in the freezer for a bit after cutting)
- 1 cup Flour
- ¾ teaspoons Salt (Just eyeballed this)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (also eyeballed)
- 2 - 4 teaspoons Cold Water (I ended up using 4.. I think I might of added a bit more cheese)
Instructionsmix cheese, flour, salt, onion powder and butter together with a mixer (or food processor)until the mixed.. will be clumpy
Mix in water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
Use hands to mix the dough if needed
Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.