Then we dumped some salt on the glue to make a neat pattern picture. My little Guy loved dumping the salt. I used the top of a copy box so that I could shake the excess salt off and not have a huge mess :)
After we let the cool design dry, we added water color to it, this is where this project flopped for me....(its supposed to travel down the salt tracks) It still looked cool after it was over. Not sure how to fix my issues.. maybe I will try again later.
The bottom line is that boo boo had a blast and was proud of his picture at the end.
Ps.. this is not a keeper project.. the salt does flake off... so take a photo of it to remember it.
Let me know if you have better luck doing this than we did.