Tuesday, October 30, 2012

SANDY

Well we have had an exciting past couple of days....  We live on the eastern shore of MD, right in the way of that nice storm called Sandy.  We have been lucky in my neighborhood, my house never really lost power for more than 10 mins.. no tree hit my house, no flooding... but as for Ocean City and Salisbury, I can't say the same... I have only seen pictures, but they look kind of bad.  We haven't had school, so no lunches to send....

I did make some homemade cheddar crackers for G's special snack day tomorrow (hopefully he will go)

They turned out really cute....





In case you want the recipe.. it was super simple...

Ingredients

  • 8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded ( I used white vermont sharp)
  • 4 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine, Cut Into Cubes (I stuck it in the freezer for a bit after cutting)
  • 1 cup Flour
  • ¾ teaspoons Salt (Just eyeballed this)
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder (also eyeballed)
  • 2 - 4 teaspoons Cold Water (I ended up using 4.. I think I might of added a bit more cheese) 
  • Instructions

    mix  cheese, flour, salt, onion powder  and butter together with a mixer (or  food processor)until the mixed.. will be clumpy
    Mix in water, 1 teaspoon at a time.
    Use hands to mix the dough if needed

    Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. 
    Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment!

Printique - awesome

 I had the opportunity to try a new Photo printing site. Printique.  They are part of the Adorama Pix family which I love..  It was super ea...